Thursday 24 April 2014

Are you eligible for Lasik?


As usual every Sunday, I've to attend my class at a University in Shah Alam. My class will start at 8.30 in the morning. Before that I'll drop by to a restaurant near to my Uni for a quick breakfast. This story happen last week while I'm having my hot coffee, suddenly a guy comes towards me and asked, "are you Yusof from Sitiawan". I look up to him and I knew he is my childhood friend. We were hugging and he were hesitant to say hi because last time I'm using glasses. During the conversation I told him that I've undergo a Lasik eye surgery. Since he's wearing a glasses, he ask me if everyone suitable to have a Lasik surgery. Since I only have a basic knowledge on this, I just told him that anyone who has a healthy eyes and good health condition are eligible to have Lasik. He also ask me is there any possibility for anyone who cannot have this surgery. I only know that anyone who has diabetes are advisable not to have this surgery but I was not satisfy with my answer because I knew there must be other reasons not to have this surgery. At home, I decided to google and look for informations and this is my findings on possibility not to have Lasik.


  • People are above 40's and loss of near vision. It is natural issue because of aging. These people having difficulties to read close-up and have to use reading glasses.
  • People who has high refractive errors may not recommend for Lasik.
  • People who has eye disorder or disease. If they have diabetes, it will depend of doctors advice.
  • People who are under 20. This is because their eyes prescription is still charging and this is normal. They need to wait few years later.
Based on my observation through reading, I can say that 99% people are eligible for Lasik, they are depending on their healthy eyes. It does't meant that there are no other solution apart from Lasik. There are other alternative for vision correction. The most important is to see the doctor and ask for their professional opinion. You will be safe because doctor's advice is the best for your eye correction.

I hope this will help everyone in making the decision.

Photo credit to:
http://www.next-optical.ca/
http://www.thefastertimes.com/
http://www.mylearning.org/
http://www.boldsky.com/
http://www.fosterprimaryeyecare.com/

5 comments:

  1. In basic an adult which 18+ years old , healthy and stable eye number is candidate for Lasik Laser Surgery. But a one should consult doctor or surgeon to complete diagnosis so can doctor tell you whether one a good candidate for lasik surgery or not.
    A Very informative video shared by Dr Brijinder S Rana on this topic. Video Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxpp8iSpRHc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lasik surgeon in jaipur may be a surgical technique that uses lasers to correct blurred vision. The optical device is employed(best lasik surgeon in jaipur) to allow the eye's membrane stroma a replacement form that the patient will see dead while not the employment of glasses or contact lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article, I ve had lasik surgery myself and it was life changing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this! Now, it is time to quit relying on eye drops and instead go for Lasik Surgery in Jalandhar. The best place to get this surgery with excellent results is Mitra Eye Hospital & Lasik Laser Centre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, I really loved the way you describe each and every thing in detailed. So if you are looking for the Best Eye Hospital in Punjab then you must visit Mitra Eye & Laser Lasik Hospital, for your better vision.

    ReplyDelete